The Ibadan City Polytechnic was founded on the concept of “Erudio est bonus” which means “Education is good”. Consistent with this philosophy, the basic objectives of our Polytechnic are:
- To produce both middle and high level man power for the nation’s economic and industrial growth.
- To provide education and training for men and women without discrimination as to race, colour, ideology, religion or political persuasion in the areas of applied practical science, management and engineering.
- To carry out research, this can facilitate effective and efficient use of our natural resources for the benefit of mankind.
- To strive to replace imported technology with local technology and thus contribute to make Nigeria technologically developed.
- To provide new career opportunities for the young people and provide for the mental and physical needs of Nigerian population.
- To provide educational opportunities for the disabled and the physically challenged individuals in our society.
- To accentuate the promotion of sound moral values which are lacking in most Institutions of higher learning and by doing so, eliminating students’ unrest, vandalism and the activities of secret cults which have now become the bane of our education.